“Infinite Scrolling” is a term for what is happening if you’re scrolling through a page filled with content and - as, or before, you reach the bottom - more content is loaded automatically
Discourse attempts to utilise infinite scrolling in a way that solely adds to the user’s reading experience, and never detracts from it.
- Discourse takes full advantage of HTML5’s History API.
- As you scroll, the browser address bar is updated according to your reading position.
- Back/forward buttons work as expected.
- The pagination widget tells you how far along you are, and lets you jump to the beginning, end, or an exact postID of your choice.
- Only JSON calls are made. No site elements need to be redrawn in order to load more content, which means minimal bandwidth usage.
- Infinite Scrolling That Works - eviltrout.com
Infinite Scrolling - Let’s get to the bottom of this - smashingmagazine.com